VOResource v0.10

Roy Williams roy at caltech.edu
Tue Jun 22 11:04:42 PDT 2004

Thank you for your prompt response Ray. But can I clarify a couple of
things?

Suppose I have a Cone Search that I want to register. It takes parameters
RA, Dec, SR (as all cone searches do), and a couple of my own personal
parameters (apple, banana).

Question 1: So I publish this to some registry through forms. The forms ask
me if there are other parameters and I describe these (apple has the
description, dtaatype, ucd, etc). The end result is a piece of XML that
describes MY special cone search with MY special parameters. Something like
what you write below. Is that right?

Question 2: Why are the standard parameters (RA, Dec, SR) mixed up with my
personal paramters (apple, banana)? Has there been a thought of inheritance?
What would seem much better would be to say "I have a standard Cone Search
pus these extra parameters", rather than repeateing the standard parameters
every time.

Question 3: Is there an intention to define which parameters are necessary?
Suppose apple and banana are optional parameters? Suppose there must be at
least one of these? Does the registry record need to know this?

Thanks
Roy

--------
California Institute of Technology