VOResource v0.10

Ray Plante rplante at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 22 10:14:50 PDT 2004

Hi Roy,

thanks for the question!

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Roy Williams wrote:
> > I would particularly like extra eyes on...
> >      o  Cone Search
>
> Is the following legal under your cone search schema:
> http://blah.com/cone?RA=190&Dec=20&SR=1&apple=6&banana=3

(Is the "RA=190" significant to your question?)

Note to others listening in: the Cone Search schema does not cover the
syntax of the input query itself, but rather describing the instance of
the service as a resource in the registry.

The availability of these arguments can be encoded with the Cone Search
schema within the "interface" element, e.g.:

  <vr:interface xsi:type="vs:ParamHTTP" qtype="GET"
             xmlns="http://www.ivoa.net/xml/VODataService/v0.5">
     <vr:accessURL use="base">http://blah.com/cone?</vr:accessURL>
     <resultType>text/xml+votable</resultType>

     <!-- These are the supported input parameters -->
     <param>
       <name>RA</name>
       <description>The right ascension of the search cone center</description>
       <dataType>float</dataType>
       <unit>degrees</unit>
       <ucd>POS_EQ_RA_MAIN</ucd>
     </param>
     <param>
       <name>Dec</name>
       <description>The declination of the search cone center</description>
       <dataType>float</dataType>
       <unit>degrees</unit>
       <ucd>POS_EQ_DEC_MAIN</ucd>
     </param>
     <param>
       <name>apple</name>
       <description>The number of apples detected with this source</description>
       <dataType>int</dataType>
     </param>
     <param>
       <name>Dec</name>
       <description>The number of bananas detected with this source</description>
       <dataType>int</dataType>
     </param>

Does this answer your question?