Astro-RG questions

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Mon Jul 19 06:48:59 PDT 2004

I've responded to a list of questions that Guy Rixon sent to workgroup
chairs (not sure if he needed a quick answer). I'd like to ask people's
opinions and will update Guy based on responses.

To reiterate, the questions are:

1. Is grid technology in use in the area covered by your WG? If not, what
are the main reasons for not using it?

2. Are current GGF standards and draft standards of use to your working
group?  If not, what causes them to be inapplicable?

3. Are the GGF standards known to and understood by the workers in your
group? Do you see a need for better explanations of GGF's work?

4. For the GGF working-groups mapped to your IVOA group, what additional or
changed standards (and associated documents) would make the GGF work more
relevant to the IVO?

And my initial response follows...