UCD elements

Guy Rixon gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Thu Jul 1 09:50:56 PDT 2004

Hmmm, namespaces...

If we have a format that includes <UCD> meaning UCD 1 and later it evolves
into somthing where <UCD> means UCD 1+ (VOTable 1.0 -> 1.1?) then the new
format desperately needs a new namespace URI.  Therefore we'd have <old:UCD>
and <new:UCD> distinguished by the namespaces and there shouldn't be a
problem.  If you want to accept UCD 1 and UCD 1+ in the same XML vocabulary,
then you need <UCD version="...">

BTW, we _do_ have different namespace URIs for VOTable 1.0 and VOTable 1.1,
don't we?

Guy Rixon 				        gtr at ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523