Feedback on Harvesting

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Thu Jan 29 03:28:41 PST 2004

Can I ask someone from NVO & AstroGrid (Ray & Kevin?) to provide feedback on
this list regarding the implementation of harvesting in those projects over
the last few months. Ditto for anyone else who has tried it out.

>From informal feedback, I understand that the standard we adopted was not
detailed enough to develop an interface. So, what worked, what didn't work,
what was easy, what was difficult, what do we need to specify to make an
implementation unambiguous?

At the end of the feedback, please add recommendations that will help us
revise the standard.

Can I set a deadline of 2 weeks for this feedback, so 13 Feb?

Thanks,
Tony.

__
Tony Linde
Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292    Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311    Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Post:   Department of Physics & Astronomy,
        University of Leicester
        Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH

Project Manager,            Director,
AstroGrid                   Leicester e-Science Centre
http://www.astrogrid.org    http://www.e-science.le.ac.uk/