Registry Interface namespaces

Matthew J. Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Dec 7 11:41:41 PST 2004

Hi,

In the latest iteration (Nov 22) of the WSDL, searching and harvesting
have been split into different namespaces:

http://www.ivoa.net/wsdl/RegistrySearch/v0.1
http://www.ivoa.net/wsdl/RegistryHarvest/v0.1

and the response is tied to the RegistryInterface namespace:

http://www.ivoa.net/xml/RegistryInterface/v0.1

Is this what we want? I can see pros and cons: it makes everything more
modular and potentially easier for someone who only wants to put up a
publishing registry interface (see publishingRegistry.wsdl), although
the searchableRegistry.wsdl includes all the namespaces. However, it
does mean that if you want to put up a full interface then there are a
lot more namespaces and files that you need to keep track of then you
might want.

Do we actually lose anything by tieing all requests and response to the
RegistryInterface namespace?

	Cheers,

	Matthew