Registry services

Wil O'Mullane womullan at skysrv.pha.jhu.edu
Tue Sep 23 07:13:36 PDT 2003

Nvo searchable registry is a webservice already.
We are working on integrating the latest VOResource.
I believe we should mandate that Searchable Registries have to be webservices
and we should do a Registry Interface document (like the SkyNode document)
to describe that webservice interface. This would allow indendant
interoperable registries.
OAI would provide a non searchable non webservices based method for
archiove to publish a registry at a lower cost of entry. The searchable
registries then would need to harvest OAI and Other Registries.
This is the thinking in the NVO prototype.