Registry services

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 02:59:59 PDT 2003

Can I ask whether we should mandate a format for registry services?

AstroGrid will provide its registry service as a web service. Is this the
same for other projects? Given that the registry is something new, can we
mandate that all VO registries must be web services? Or at least must
provide a web service interface which meets our minimum standards for
methods served up? This does not stop anyone providing other interfaces and
other methods for internal project use.

__
Tony Linde                       Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292
AstroGrid Project Manager        Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Dept of Physics & Astronomy      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
University of Leicester          Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH          Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org