DC comments & questions

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Sun Oct 5 09:07:49 PDT 2003

One more comment before I go do something interesting for the last couple of
hours of the weekend...

I was just checking out OAI and in the 'Guidelines for Repository
Implementers' at
http://www.openarchives.org/OAI/2.0/guidelines-repository.htm it states:

'Repositories are not required to store their metadata in DC; DC is
something that is frequently "converted to", rather than "stored in". Many
repositories store their metadata in some other format, and dynamically
convert to DC in response to harvester requests.'

Which is pretty much what I have been arguing for.