resource identifiers

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue May 27 14:51:12 PDT 2003

Hi Ray,

>    A resource identified by only an
>    <AuthorityID> and a <ResourceKey> is guaranteed to resolve to a
>    description stored in a registry.  However, those that include a
>    <RecordKey> are not.

If you mean that resources with a RecordKey are not stored in the registry
then that's okay. In which case, RecordKey should not be part of the
ResourceID. Maybe you need to wrap Resource ID in another structure, eg:

<RaysBitsID>
  <ResourceID>
    <AuthorityID>www.ncsa.uiuc.edu</AuthorityID>
    <ResourceKey>ADIL/SIA/targeted</ResourceKey>
  </ResourceID>
  <RecordKey>95.DR.01.01.fits:wibble</RecordKey>
</RaysBitsID>

That way, what you did in the rest of RaysBitsID would not matter. If this
was namespaced along with RecordKey then any software which understood the
namespace could handle your structure.