Resources = services!

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Tue May 27 14:42:15 PDT 2003

Following on from Ray's response to my RSM comments, I'd like to make a
proposal...

The *Resource Registry* should only store details of resources which can be
invoked and can perform actions of benefit to the caller (in general I would
imagine such resources to be web or grid services but might be cgi scripts
or other invokable scripts - applet, servlet?).

Other types of registry might be created (as with the AstroGrid Community
registry and MySpace registry) but these should not clutter up the resource
registry. I don't really want the resource registry filled with the name of
every astronomer in the world - I *would* like that somewhere but not in the
place where all my jobs go to get resource informnation.

__
Tony Linde                       Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292
AstroGrid Project Manager        Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Dept of Physics & Astronomy      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
University of Leicester          Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH          Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org