Dublin Core conformance

Norman Gray norman at astro.gla.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 04:30:43 PDT 2003

Greetings,

On Mon Jun 16 2003, Tony Linde said:

> I must say that I don't see any 'compelling' reason for conformance
> to DC.  It would perhaps be useful if registry metadata was harvestable
> by DC-compatible harvesters but that does not mean that the registry
> metadata should follow DC structure or naming conventions where it
> is inapplicable.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, it seems that adding this basic
but useful functionality would be so simple to do that there's little
point not doing it.  All it would need is inserting boilerplate RDF
in the generated output, either whole, or attached to existing VOTable
elements.  There seems no need for transformation anywhere.

Am I missing something?

All the best,

Norman

Norman Gray                        http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/