RSM feedback (thanks!)

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 19 22:42:31 PDT 2003

Hi RWGers,

Thanks everyone who contributed to the discussion of resource metadata,
both at the "meta-meta" level and the detailed level.  We've just gotten
two good sets of detailed feedback: one from Anita on this list, and one
from our NVO EPO experts via our NVO telecons.  I'll put an exec. summary
of the latter on this list, but once more printed material is available
we'll post that, too.

Your comments to Tony's questions appear largely consistant with Andy's
recent proposal for moving forward; in particular,
  *  we should get out a new version of RSM soon for generating more
     discussion and testing.
  *  we should continue to work on the more fundemental issues.
Thus, I would like to endorse Andy's proposal.  It puts a lot of pressure
on us to get an agreement on the fundementals by July's end, but it's
good to have a deadline.