Registry wiki pages

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Fri Jan 24 02:40:08 PST 2003

To (hopefully) make it easier to discuss the structure of the Registry
set of standards, I have created a number of starter pages on the
astrogrid-hosted IVOA wiki site:
  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/IVOA/ResourceRegistry

I have modelled the pages on the W3C approach, especially that of the
Semantic Web area. I have listed an initial set of specifications which
we might consider as those required for the Registry area:

    * RegistryMetadata
    * ResourceMetadata
    * RegistryQuery
    * RegistryResponse
    * ResourceIdentifier
    * ResourceHierarchy
    * RegistryLocation
    * RegistrySynchronisation
    * RegistryExtension

This may be far more than we want to tackle, in which case we need to
define which ones we do want to work on.

Anyway, take a look at the pages and let's get the discussion going.

Feel free to add your own suggestions to the wiki pages. To do so, you
only need to register at:
  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiRegistration

If you are unsure how to use the wiki, look at:
  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/TWiki/WelcomeGuest
or do the quick tutorial:
  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiTutorial

The syntax and shorthand for creating wiki pages are at:
  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/TWiki/WikiSyntax
  http://wiki.astrogrid.org/bin/view/TWiki/TWikiShorthand
but you can also use basic HTML (the bits between <body> and </body> in
an html page).

__
Tony Linde                       Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292
AstroGrid Project Manager        Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Dept of Physics & Astronomy      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
University of Leicester          Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH          Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org