Registry workgroup kickoff meeting

Tony Linde ael at star.le.ac.uk
Mon Feb 17 07:30:56 PST 2003

There were mixed comments about holding a face-to-face kickoff meeting
but there seemed to be sufficient interest and the benefits of setting
the scope and workload of the group in such a meeting were great enough
that we've set the meeting up. I do hope that at least a couple of the
US participants to this list can make it.

Many thanks to Elizabeth Auden for chasing up a suitable venue in
London. It will be held at the London e-Science Centre
(http://www.lesc.ic.ac.uk/) on 19-20 March, starting around midday on
the 19th and finishing around 15:00 on the 20th. (No, it cannot be moved
- this was the only location and date we could get.)

To quote from the LeSC Ops Manager: 'the room we have booked for you has
seating for over 30, with a number of desks. There is one projector
screen and a large white board. There is no video projector currently in
the room, but we can supply one, or you could bring one if you'd rather.
All rooms are equipped with wireless networking.'

I'll gather opinions about the structure of the meeting and likely
topics over the next few days but wanted to get this message up asap to
give people a chance to look at their arrangements for then.

__
Tony Linde                       Phone:  +44 (0)116 223 1292
AstroGrid Project Manager        Fax:    +44 (0)116 252 3311
Dept of Physics & Astronomy      Mobile: +44 (0)7753 603356
University of Leicester          Email:  ael at star.le.ac.uk
Leicester, UK   LE1 7RH          Web:    http://www.astrogrid.org