Harvesting syntax

Ray Plante rplante at poplar.ncsa.uiuc.edu
Mon Dec 1 11:32:29 PST 2003

On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Matthew Graham wrote:
> How are people handling regular harvestings, i.e. my registry will get
> harvested every week so what is the command syntax that my registry API
> should provide to do this? Is it (in pseudocode)
>
> getNewData(Date)
>
> where no Date will get you all data.

We have agreed to use OAI to harvest which addresses how to do this is.
If there are any participants that have a different impression, please
speak up now.

The OAI operations ListRecords and ListIdentifiers both specify "from"
and "until" arguments whose value is a UTC datatime value in the ISO8601
format (e.g. 2003-03-20T20:30:00 or 2003-03-20).