[Radioig] ObsCore extension last news

BONNAREL FRANCOIS francois.bonnarel at astro.unistra.fr
Wed Nov 8 20:55:17 CET 2023

Dear all,

     There are now two new documents to review in order to progress
towards the specification

1 )
https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData-2023-11-07.pdf

and

2 )
https://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData/ADQLusecasesForObsCoreExtensionForRadioData.pdf

Document 1 includes main text modifications proposal following our last
running meeting discussions. This includes :

  * new dataproduct types : the current ObsCore list seems to be
    insufficient : a proposal is made to solve that
  * instrument types, scan_modes and tracking_modes parameters are
    proposed to tackle various Observation configuration or provenance
    details
  * frequency characterization : solution is proposed to take into
    account concerns about potential inconsistent differences with
    wavelength characterization
  * TAP management and standardID for the extended ObsCore list of
    attributes : solution is proposed as a single table or but with
    possible implementation as a view on top of two tables
  * miscellaneous small changes

The changes may be commented using github
https://github.com/ivoa-std/ObsCoreExtensionForRadioData/ on MAIN BRANCH
or by email .

Document 2 is a first draft of an appendix listing use cases for
discovery scenarii using our proposed extension features in ADQL. this
is done exactly like in the ObsCore basic specification

Again this attempt may be commented using github on BRANCH ADQL-userscenarii

I prefered to seperate the two efforts for avoiding confusion.

This can also be discussed on Staurdau in the DM WG and Radio IG sessions.

Cheers

François