[Ops] Operations Talks in Sydney

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Tue Sep 22 10:05:39 CEST 2015

Hi Thomas, OPS-ers,

> Le 18/09/2015 16:31, Mcglynn, Thomas A. (GSFC-6601) a écrit :
>
> Also, please let us know if there
> are areas you would like to see discussed even where you are not personally
> an expert.
>

> I'd like to learn about how VO services providers architecture their
> system in order to prevent single point of failure and provide high
> availability to their users. What technical solutions are being used (DNS
> failover, reverse proxy, load balancer, ...) ?
> Is there interest discussing this ?

I'm interested for sure in participating in this discussion topic.

I'd also like to ear something on the service monitoring, things like, e.g.:

Is there a way to have IP lists or other ways to disentangle service calls
from validators and actual user queries?
Can we help monitoring from the service provider side without getting
flooded by monitoring queries when something fails?

Cheers,
     Marco