[Media] IVOA facebook info request

Bruce Berriman gbb at ipac.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 18 18:24:28 CET 2018

Hi Jamie

Thanks for passing this on. I am replying to yourself and the media group, I don’t think the  IVOA Facebook or twitter feed is a place for job ads, unless the job is demonstrably  closely tied to VO work (don’t know if that is the case here). But Marco’s request does show the need to establish a policy for what material should be posted. Having a “catch-all” for information will, in my view, diminish the impact of our social media efforts.

Cheers

Bruce