[Media] VO handouts -- what tools/services to highlight? Draft for **Dec 19**

Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Dec 19 06:38:28 CET 2017

Hi all,

Not sure if that last message went through to the media at ivoa.net. I got a
filesize warning when I sent this originally. Apologies if this is just a
duplicate message for most of you...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EfMh3uOUa9Lvaw08Vo4nvCrMADTHQfvU -- PDF
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nnGoxntlzjemFfPTGJAObrmiumBTSb_h --
powerpoint

Here's a draft of the handout for AAS. It's laid out as being a 6.5 x 8.5
inches handout with a front and back. The front gives the idea to
scientists, what VO does for them. The back lists IVOA-related (or at least
VO related) booths in the exhibit hall.  I'm pretty sure the logo's side of
the handout needs work (did I get everyone? Are there some institutes that
shouldn't be on this handout? (e.g., I know there's some folks at Astron
who are in the IVOA, but I'm not sure their institute is part of it).

Here's the AAS exhibitor's list for reference:  https://aas.org/
231st-aas-meeting/231st-aas-meeting-exhibitors
And the USVOA's list of participants:  https://hea-
www.cfa.harvard.edu/USVOA/about-the-usvoa/

Besides a general review of the handout (is teh concept good? should there
be a different angle to it?), I'm looking for the following in your reviews:

1.  What are the best images to use for the front side?
2.  Is the IVOA info OK? I took it from the current site homepage.
3.  Should I point to a specific page on the IVOA website?
4. Is it OK to put "ask anyone at these booths for more VO/IVOA
information?" Should we list specific booths that are OK with having VO
questions? I'm guessing the later...
5.  Do I have the right logo's on the back?  Please feel free to
move/resize the logos. THere's some organization in them; I tried to keep
the USVOA logos together.

Just to say it, the exec meeting is at **10:00am EST**, so I'm not sure
this will be presented at the telecon, but there should be enough time to
get reviewed by the Exec before AAS.

Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Cheers,
Jamie