[Media] VO handouts -- what tools/services to highlight? Draft for **Dec 19**

Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu
Mon Dec 18 16:54:17 CET 2017

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the inputs. And totally understandable Hmm... didn't think of
the time restraints for booth materials.  And making sure all IVOA partner
institutes' efforts are somehow contained in that handout. Good things to
keep in mind.

Concerning the booth materials problem, we could still at least hand them
out at the Student Reception on Monday night.  If an institute or person
wants to take some anyway, they could print out some copies (or grab some
from us).

Concerning what's on the handout, we could make the information more
general than a list of useful tools and services.  We could provide a link
to the Tools page on ivoa.net (making sure the page is up-to-date before
AAS).

Some ideas:
  - If we decide to highlight anything, could we highlight the
tools/services advertized by the IVOA exhibitors at AAS? For other
conferences, we could update the highlighted list to tune to the exhibitors
at that meeting
    - cons:  it wouldn't be a great representation of all the work done by
IVOA partners; it would be localized to the meeting location
  - Be general  (e.g., Get Data, Analyze, and Publish -- check out the
links. Here's a tiny blurb on what the IVOA is), but point to IVOA partner
booths, related presentations (that we know of... this part might be hard
at this stage...)
  - We could have one handout at the undergraduate reception, and another
for tables.  I'm thinking, here's a list of tools for getting, analyzing,
viewing, sharing data that would be useful to an undergrad student.

I'll work on a couple ideas and send it out to the media group by the end
of the day (~6:00pm EST). If anyone has more ideas/comments today or
tomorrow, please share them and we can work them into the handout drafts.

Thanks!
Jamie

100 Acorn Park Dr. R-377 MS-81
Cambridge, MA 02140