[Media] Meet at 3:30 coffee break?

Simon OToole simon.otoole at aao.gov.au
Sat Oct 28 17:22:25 CEST 2017

I'm around and will be there :)

Simon

On Sunday, October 29, 2017 01:54 AEDT, "Budynkiewicz, Jamie Anne" <jbudynkiewicz at cfa.harvard.edu> wrote:
 Hi all, First off, we've got a lot off the ground this week (woo!), so let's give ourselves a pat on the back.  Now that we've got our social media accounts, TWiki, and test website setup, etc., I figure we should lay out the next steps to work towards our charter goals.  I'd like to go over the actions we had this week, then discuss what to do next.   ** If anyone is available to meet up at the 3:30 coffee break, I'll be by the stairs near the coffee table ** I list some discussion points below. I don't expect to come up with answers to all of these, but I just want to get our thoughts going on what we should be working on next. Thanks!Jamie  Last meeting notes: http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/MediaGroup/IVOAMediaGroupMOMs_2017-10-25_ADASS.pdf  general:  - schedule / roadmap for tasks    - make a kanban board for tasks?  - write and review procedures on TWiki  - send draft charter to exec social media:  - discuss what we should post, how we should post    - see draft of charter for notes (http://wiki.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/MediaGroup/Media_Group_Charterv0.2.pdf)    - post press releases? e.g., article interviewing Chenzhou on VO (http://www.elmostrador.cl/cultura/2017/10/26/la-red-de-observatorios-que-permitio-a-un-nino-de-10-anos-realizar-un-descubrimiento-astronomico/) website:  - what should be on the front page of the IVOA page?     - we've discussed amongst ourselves and the exec at a high level.         - should we meet with Bruno / CSP to get more inputs? or just make a first draft of the website, then show it to them later?  - who is working on what parts of the site? outreach:  - conferences are coming up (IAU, AAS, others). Anything we can do for those? newsletter:  - pick some interesting topics from ADASS/IVOA to highlight?  - add more ways to distribute (see notes on charter)? --Jamie A. BudynkiewiczSmithsonian Astrophysical ObservatoryHarvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics100 Acorn Park Dr. R-377 MS-81Cambridge, MA 02140