Project Survey

ada nebot ada.nebot at astro.unistra.fr
Mon Feb 21 08:39:21 CET 2022

Dear colleagues,

The International Virtual Observatory Alliance (IVOA) is conducting a survey to learn about projects, data distribution plans, and data products. We would like to learn if your project has plans/interest in using a common data sharing framework through the VO, and if so offer guidance through that process. The ultimate goal of this study is to understand how we can better serve the community and help in publishing data into the Virtual Observatory.

The survey should take no more than 5 to 10 minutes to complete. Please be assured that all information that you provide will be treated confidentially by the IVOA. The results of the survey will be published in aggregate form, to preserve anonymity of respondents. If you would like to see the full content before completing it, you can have a look at the full survey in a pdf format here <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OggBThWmw4Tp5ULljelMMFGOxaHRmsYH/view?usp=sharing>.

We are surveying members of past, ongoing, and future projects.  *** We ask for *your* participation!!
Click here to start the Survey <https://www.google.com/url?q=https://forms.gle/tZyNiWQ38gWJqytt9&source=gmail-imap&ust=1645456845000000&usg=AOvVaw3sGHgZ3pYC8bJ2GurH984x>

*** You have until *March 25* to complete the survey!!  We are happy for more than one person on a project to respond, so don’t hesitate!!  We will present what we learn and discuss next steps at our IVOA Spring Interop meeting and will also provide a summary to survey participants.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Ada Nebot
(for The Committee on Science Priorities of the IVOA)

--
Astronome Adjointe
CDS, Observatoire Astronomique de Strasbourg (ObAS)