IVOA Northern Spring Interoperability Meeting - May 25-28

Janet Evans janet at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri May 7 12:30:55 CEST 2021

Dear IVOA Colleagues,

We are within a few weeks of the **Northern Spring Interop Meeting - May 25-28**, with an IVOA Newcomers session scheduled for May 24.
It's time to provide some details of our plans!!  Registration is open … and free!!

**** IVOA May Interop Meeting and Registration page: https://indico.ict.inaf.it/e/ivoa/interop-may-2021

o Kick off of the IVOA Interop is Monday, May 24 with 2 sessions sponsored by the Education Interest Group for all of those looking for an Introduction (or Refresher) on the IVOA!!

o A wide-array of presentations & discussions are planned.  We continue to welcome your contributed abstracts.  Submissions will be accepted until *May 17* through the meeting page link above.

o 2 Mini-Workshops are planned during the Interop:
  1) A Theory/GWS Mini-Workshop (3 sessions) on the use of Science Platforms for the dissemination of Cosmological Simulations.
  2) A DataModel Mini-Workshop (3 sessions) on different proposals for a data model usage scheme in the VO.

o Socializing is planned using gather.town to support this activity!!

**** You will find more details in the attached flyer!!  (Please pass it on to your colleagues!!!)

As always, we look forward to the Northern Spring Interop meeting for an exchange of thoughts, ideas, and experiences.

Best regards,
-Janet & Pat

Janet Evans
Chandra Data System Software Development Manager
Chandra X-ray Center
Center for Astrophysics | Harvard & Smithsonian

Office: (617) 495 7160 | Cell: (617) 688 6084
60 Garden Street | MS 81 | Cambridge, MA 02138