Newcomers' session

Hendrik Heinl heinl at g-vo.org
Mon May 3 13:48:26 CEST 2021

Dear IVOA Community,

As the May Interop is approaching, the EduIG is inviting you to the
newcomers' sessions on Monday, May 24, 20:30 UTC. The session will be
organized by Dave Morris and Hendrik Heinl.

Aiming at newcomers to the VO, we will present a scientific use case
using several VO-standards and protocols. We will also explain the
process of developing these standards and how WGs and IGs relate to this
process. We hope this session will help newcomers to understand what is
happening during the following Interop sessions.

Of course we also invite expert VO folks to join the session and share
their knowledge and skills with us.

Please spread the word and encourage newcomers to attend the session --
we promise not to expose anybody to dangerous XML-snippets.

Best regards,

Hendrik Heinl