Virtual IVOA meeting - **Your attendance & input requested**

Janet Evans janet at cfa.harvard.edu
Fri Apr 17 15:06:31 CEST 2020

Dear VO Community,

As follow-up to Chenzhou Cui’s March 10 email (attached below) with cancellation of the IVOA meeting in Sydney due to COVID-19, we would like to catch you up on plans for a virtual IVOA meeting on the original dates: May 4-8.

The meeting format will be via a shared remote service, and there will be mechanisms in place for commenting on presentations and continuing discussions.  We are planning to keep presentations short and save most of the time for your input and discussion.

We will not attempt to reproduce the cancelled in-person meeting, but will focus on important topics that require discussion. So:

***We welcome inputs on topics that you think should be presented/discussed at the meeting.  Your input will drive the framework of our schedule!!  You can *reply to this email* with your topic and description. ***

It is our intent to balance meeting times with awareness of international time zones.  We will also keep and post notes from each session.  There will be a registration web page in a ~ 1 week’s time.  We expect followup discussions that will be scheduled after a session.

We ask that you stay tuned for details and to plan on the week of May 04 for some IVOA interaction!!

Best Regards,
-Janet & Pat
(for the IVOA TCG)