Call for Registry talks at Groningen

Theresa Dower dower at stsci.edu
Tue Sep 10 20:28:48 CEST 2019

Hello IVOA Registry,

This is an invitation to submit contributions for Registry Working Group sessions at the upcoming IVOA Interop meeting in Groningen, The Netherlands (11-13 October).  You are encouraged to send a brief informal talk summary for any registry-related topics to myself as the current chair (dower at stsci.edu) or to the working group list (registry at ivoa.net). Since this is a short meeting, if there is a time crunch or a recurring overlap in subject matter with another working group, we may combine sessions or postpone talks until Spring, but we want to hear from you!

Currently proposed talks include a follow-up on VODataService 1.2, discoverability, and STC metadata, and a proposal for adding server software information in interfaces.

Past talks have included demos of new registry search and maintenance software, progress reports and discussion sessions on standards in development, brainstorming on vocabularies, and IVOA-wide validation reports.

See you in Groningen.

--Theresa Dower
Archives, STScI