Microsoft buys GitHub

Tim Jenness tjenness at lsst.org
Tue Jun 5 16:28:45 CEST 2018

I don’t think we need to panic just yet. We can easily mirror git repos to gitlab (git was designed for this). I’d suggest we stick to the GitHub experiment for now, whilst being aware of the alternatives. If all the astronomy packages on GitHub start disappearing then that is time to consider the question again.

There is also a discussion on IVOA Slack on this topic.

—
Tim Jenness