Operations Talks at Cape Town

Tom McGlynn (NASA/GSFC Code 660.1) tom.mcglynn at nasa.gov
Mon Apr 11 19:18:30 CEST 2016

Fellow IVOA members,

Please let us know if you would like to make a contribution to one of
the Operations Interest Group sessions in Cape Town.  Appropriate topics
include discussion of the operational implementation of VO protocols,
security, validation and monitoring of VO services, and other areas that
relate to the actual provision of VO services to the community.

We have two sessions in Cape Town.  Tentatively the focus of the first
will be on validation: status of existing services, comparison of the
results of current validators, validation of non-DAL protocols and a
review of a new page on the IVOA web site providing information for
anyone who would like to use VO validation capabilities.  The second
session is open.  We have  solicited some presentations on how sites
have put together VO protocols to provide coherent capabilities for
their communities, but there is plenty of time available for other topics.

         Tom McGlynn, Chair
         Mark Taylor, Vice Chair