LIGO open data survey

Ajit Kembhavi akk at iucaa.ernet.in
Fri Oct 7 00:46:21 PDT 2011

Dear Roy,

Your message comes at an amazing time.  There is a discussion going on
between India and the USA about the possibility of installing an advanced
LIGO detector in India,a s a collaboration between the two countries.  I
am in fact making a presentation to the NSF this evening (our time), and
people from the LIGO project will be making presentations too.
Regardless of whether or not the project is accepted by the NSF and
Indian agencies, IUCAA will have a LIGO data and analysis centre.  So
LIGO data will be of particular relevance to VOI, and perhaps we can all
work together.

I will eb in Pasadena on Nov 1--12, but that will eb for  TMT  meeting.

Regards,
Ajit