read before editing twiki pages!

Bruno Rino brino at eso.org
Mon May 17 08:15:42 PDT 2010

Hello all,

Since a couple of months now, most people have reported that editing the
twiki is a slow process. I've been unable to fix this issue, but since
the problem appears to be connected with browser sessions and/or
cookies, I suggest you the following "workaround":

After starting up your browser, edit your personal twiki page. For me,
that's http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/BrunoRino . Go
through the edit / preview / save cycle. You don't need to change the
text of the page, just click through the cycle.

If it works without delays you're fine; if there is a delay (usually
between 2 to 5 minutes to show the "preview" page), please be patient.
Wait that it finishes. This delay, for most people, occurs at most once
per browser session. So editing your your twiki page will enable you to
edit swiftly other pages, once your personal twiki page is saved.

Cheers,
Bruno