Applications Presentations in Victoria

Tom McGlynn Thomas.A.McGlynn at nasa.gov
Tue Apr 13 06:32:13 PDT 2010

Dear Colleagues,

Apps is currently planning three Applications Sessions in Victoria.  Two
are intended to allow users to present new and enhanced VO applications:
one will focus on Web-based applications and the second on local applications.
These should be similar to sessions we've had since the inception of the Apps group.
Please let Tom or Mark know if you have a tool or library you would like to demonstrate
or discuss.  These generally get filled up, so please send us a title and abstract soon

Our third session is going to be a little different.  It's for demonstrations
and discussions of non-VO tools and services suggested for adaption to
and adoption within the VO, or illustrating kinds of things we might want to
do in the VO even if the particular tool may not be amenable to our use.  This can include
image processing, 3D visualization, social networking, statistics, ....  If you've
seen a colleague in some other field doing something really neat that you think we
should be able to do within the VO let us all know about it.  We anticipate this being both
productive and fun.  Again please get in touch with Tom or Mark if you've got a tool
or topic to be discussed.

	Regards,
	Tom McGlynn
	Mark Taylor