Simple Spectral Line Data model: RFC period begins

Mireille Louys louys at newb6.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Jul 20 09:34:00 PDT 2009

The IVOA Data Model Working group announces the start of the public
"Request For Comment" period for the Proposed Recommendation "IVOA
Simple spectral Line Data Model, v1.0"

We welcome all comments on this document evaluating its readiness for
acceptance as an IVOA Recommendation.

Please make your comments by entering them at the RFC twiki page at
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SimpleSpectrumLineDMRFC

Those without IVOA Twiki accounts may send comments to dm at ivoa.net.

This model was developed in coordination with the SLAP Protocol available at
http://www.ivoa.net/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SimpleLineAccessProtolRFC,
so I encourage you to examine both documents, as SLAP is an
implementation of the Simple Spectral Line Model.

Thanks,
Mireille Louys
Data Model Working Group Chair