citing IVOA standards

Dave DeYoung deyoung at noao.edu
Wed Jun 25 11:49:13 PDT 2008

Andy, Norman, et al.;

This has been a very interesting discussion.  I am in
particular agreement with the sentiments expressed by
Andy and Norman; the IVOA is not a "standards agency",
and it is certainly not in the business of "enforcement".
The collegial process of consensus development is, in
the long run, the most durable and effective path.

Dave