Version numbering

Mark Taylor m.b.taylor at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jun 25 07:34:31 PDT 2008

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008, Robert Hanisch wrote:

> A WD1.0, PR1.0, and REC1.0 can all be identical (and generally are) save for
> the boilerplate text at the beginning that identifies the status of the
> document.

really?  I agree that they can in principle have identical content, but
in most cases surely the point of the WD->PR->REC progression, along
with the associated discussions and RFC periods, is so that improvements
can be made to the more provisional drafts in order to come up with
a higher quality public recommendation.

Mark