citing IVOA standards

Igor Chilingarian Igor.Chilingarian at obspm.fr
Sun Jun 15 16:25:31 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I already tried to raise this question during Victoria interop in 2006 and
there was a short discussion that time, however with no real effect.

There is NO normal way to refer to IVOA documents (recommendations, notes,
etc.) in refereed papers / conference proceedings. Our documents don't
have bibcodes, therefore they are not listed in ADS.

Are there any plans to change this? Who should take care of this -- DCP IG?
When? I've noticed that usually there is no affiliations provided for the
authors of IVOA documents.

I would be happy if there's a quick solution. In the paper I'm writing right
now there will be references to at least 4 IVOA standards (Rs and WDs) + 2
IVOA notes. I can't imagine what a referee will think when he/she sees the
``IVOA'' abbreviation for the first time in his life + all these references to
the documents available only as HTTP URLs at some strange web-site (ivoa.net)
without obvious links to major astronomical institutions.

With best regards,
 						Igor