next generation of Sky in Google Earth

Roy Williams roy at cacr.caltech.edu
Thu Jan 17 06:45:50 PST 2008

John

I am also interested in using Google/WWT imagery to mashup as part of a
VO application (Vim). What I would like is a cutout (~100 pixel) service
that comes back fast with the color imagery for ~50 positions. I already
have a cutout service that uses original FITS and accurate
re-projection, but it is slow. And the Google API simply brings up a map
browser, and I don't think I can make ~50 tiny map browsers all in bed
together. What would be good is a service that simply returns a cutout
or an image tile.

Roy

--

California Institute of Technology