call for comments for the Characterisation DM PR

louys at alinda.u-strasbg.fr louys at alinda.u-strasbg.fr
Thu May 31 15:49:37 PDT 2007

Dear IVOA members,

  At the last Beijing Interop and before, we made public the last
working draft of the Characterisation Data Model and requested for
comments.
 From the discussion we had in Beijing, I think that the
Characterisation Data Model is now ready for the Proposed
Recommendation process.
This  process begins today and will end on July the 4th, so a little
more than 4 weeks .

Please review the document at
http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/CharacterisationDM.html
and put your comments on the RFC page at
http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/CharacterisationDataModelRFC

The Characteristion Data Model provides a standard for describing
general data sets and is re-used partly in the Spectrum data model.
Implementations of this DM are described in an IVOA Note available at :
http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/ImplementationCharacterisation.html

A list of the Utypes derived from the Characterisation DM is also
available at :
  http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/UtypeListCharacterisationDM.html

A user's guide for Images in Characterisation DM , helping data
publishers to map their metadata to the appropriate data model
concepts, is on line too  at :
http://www.ivoa.net/internal/IVOA/IvoaDataModel/ivoa_char_2d_image_tutorial_1.0.pdf

Please read these documents as well.
They give an overview on the usability of the Data Model concepts and
help to realise its scope and relevance.

Thanks,

    Mireille Louys
    DM chair