RFC initiated for Single Sign-On Profile: Authentication Mechanisms

Matthew Graham mjg at cacr.caltech.edu
Tue Jul 17 10:47:06 PDT 2007

Hi,

The Grid and Web Services Working Group is pleased to announce that the
Single Sign-On Profile: Authentication Mechanisms document is now an
IVOA Proposed Recommendation and that a Request For Comments (RFC)
period has been initiated today (July 17), with the goal of advancing
the document to an IVOA Recommendation. As we are now in vacation
season, the RFC period will run until August 31.

The document describes the authentication mechanisms that we approve for
use in a single sign-on architecture and provides normative rules for
their implementation.

Please review the document, and add any comments to the RFC page at

http://www.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/SsoRFC

More extensive discussions should be directed to the GWS working group
mailing list (grid at ivoa.net). The most recent version of the document
can be found at

http://www.ivoa.net/Documents/latest/SSOAuthMech.html

Please submit any comments by 31 August 2007. Thanks in advance for your
contributions.

    Matthew