XMM-Newton Archive InterOperability SIAP compatible version

posuna at iso.vilspa.esa.es posuna at iso.vilspa.esa.es
Wed Sep 17 06:33:15 PDT 2003

Dear IVOA people,

 we have finished adapting our XMM-Newton Archive Interoperability
 package to be SIAP compatible.

 You can find it at:

 http://xsa.vilspa.esa.es:8080/aio/jsp/siap.jsp?<parameter inputs>

 Below follows a brief description on typical examples of queries to the
 XMM-Newton AIO system. A more detailed pdf document is attached with
 description of the examples and output results (see chapter 4 for the
 SIAP compliant part of the system).

 We will give a demo in the next ADASS at Strasbourg for the XMM-Newton
 and the ISO Archive Interoperability packages (the latter one already
 developed and in internal test-review phase).

 Your comments/suggestions are most welcome. We wait for your news to
 improve the system.

 Best regards,

 Pedro Osuna & Jesus Salgado

 Examples of use of the SIAP compatible part of the XMM-Newton Archive
 Interoperability System

 Note: We have included a FORMAT=HTML parameter input to be able to
 display the results in a "human-understandable" way, as we
 didn't find any VOTable viewer that could display links. We would be
 very happy to hear from any of you that has used a VOTable capable
 viewer that can display links (we tried with a couple of them but
didn't succeed in representing the data, only in the parsing...).

 1) Cone search for a region in the sky (in html format)

 http://xsa.vilspa.esa.es:8080/aio/jsp/siap.jsp?POS=0.7,41.2&FORMAT=HTML

 (will give result in HTML format; with no "FORMAT" input, the result
 will be the default in SIAP, i.e., VOTable).

 2) Box search in RA and DEC

http://xsa.vilspa.esa.es:8080/aio/jsp/siap.jsp?POS_EQ_RA_MAIN>0.6&POS_EQ_RA_MAIN<1.0&POS_EQ_DEC_MAIN>41.0&POS_EQ_DEC_MAIN<42.0&FORMAT=HTML

 3) BOX searches in other parameters

 Parameters like the revolution number can be used as delimiters in box
 searches:

http://xsa.vilspa.esa.es:8080/aio/jsp/siap.jsp?REVNO>200&REVNO<210&FORMAT=HTML

 4) Target searches can be done that will be resolved by SIMBAD

http://xsa.vilspa.esa.es:8080/aio/jsp/siap.jsp?ID_TARGET=M31&FORMAT=html

--

Pedro Osuna Alcalaya

SOFTWARE Development Group