ADASS VO tutorial

Robert Hanisch hanisch at stsci.edu
Mon May 19 08:43:34 PDT 2003

Let me again thank all of you who participated in last week's IVOA interoperability workshop in Cambridge -- I think we had a successful week, and made progress in all areas.

I mentioned on Friday that the organizing committee of this year's ADASS Conference have agreed to a special Sunday afternoon tutorial on VO software development.  See http://www.adass.org:8080/meetings/adass2003/events/tutorial for a short description.

It is now time to start thinking in more detail about the contents and structure of the tutorial.  As a start, please send me a message indicating if you might be interested in giving a talk in the tutorial.  I envision these mainly as "how-to" presentations.  Although the VO environment is still developing, I think we will have progressed enough in the coming five months to have some good materials to present.

In addition to the topics given at the link above, I think it would also be reasonable to have presentations on the various VO prototypes/demos, as these serve as models for VO user applications.

Thanks,
Bob