xml tools -> Design tools with XSD (&UML) output

Andreas Wicenec awicenec at eso.org
Tue Dec 2 07:23:13 PST 2003

Hi,

as far as I know there is only one tool around which is really doing something
like UML --> XMI --> XSD and that is called hyperModel:

http://xmlmodeling.com/DesktopDefault.aspx

It is not exactly for free and it only runs on Windows environments, but else
it looks quite interesting...

In general modelling XSD with UML is not really straight forward, because UML
is in a way a simplification of what XSD can do, thus you have to take care
to use UML in a proper way suited for the XSD creation. There is a nice book
on this problem: "Modeling XML Applications with UML" by David Carlson.

Andreas