IVOA GWS Meeting - Science Platforms Federated Execution meeting

Salgado, Jesus jesus.salgado at skao.int
Fri Sep 1 15:54:10 CEST 2023

Dear GWS members (and others)

As you probably know, we are planning to work in GWS on the connection of science platforms related with federated execution of workflows, identifying required protocols, data models and other standards needed for this connection.

Some initial definition could be found here:
https://wiki.ivoa.net/twiki/bin/view/IVOA/ComputingServicesAPI

To formally start the activity within the GWS WG and find collaborators, I would like to ask for an internal meeting in mid-September.
We propose 20/09 at 13:00 UTC so you have time to mark it into your calendars.

We will send a reminder close to the date with an agenda.
Note: I am extending the invitation to some SKA Regional Centres dev teams that are already analysing federated execution. Feel free to invite anyone at your organisations that could be interested to collaborate and, if needed, join GWS.

Cheers,
Jesus Salgado & Sara Bertocco

                Jesús Salgado
SKA Regional Centre Architect
jesus.salgado at skao.int<mailto:jesus.salgado at skao.int>
www.skao.int<https://www.skao.int/>
SKA Observatory
Jodrell Bank, Lower Withington,
Macclesfield, SK11 9FT, UK

The SKA Observatory is an inter-governmental organisation and the successor of SKA Organisation, a private limited company by guarantee registered in England and Wales with registered number 07881918, with a registered office of Jodrell Bank Observatory, Lower Withington, Macclesfield, Cheshire, England, SK11 9FT.

This message is intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender, and immediately and permanently delete the email. Do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived, by Mimecast Ltd. Although SKA Observatory and SKA Organisation have taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, neither SKA Observatory nor SKA Organisation accept responsibility for any loss or damage sustained as a result of computer viruses and the recipient must ensure that the email (and attachments) are virus free.