Authentication and DataLink

alberto micol amicol.ivoa at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 20 19:21:34 CET 2020

Hi Mark,

Very good question, at the right time for me, given that at ESO we are working on a datalink (and soda) that supports authentication.

My (yet poor) understanding is that the datalink_url will return a 401 with a WWW-Authenticate header field containing one or more challenges.
Isn’t that enough for TOPCAT to know what to do?

Thanks,
Alberto