news in authentication and ID federation

Pierre Le Sidaner pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
Thu Oct 11 12:55:03 CEST 2018

Hi

I am at a conference on the European cloud EOSC, there is some major
evolution on the tools for IDFederation. I have talk about that on
"prototype" is on line

https://wiki.geant.org/display/ED/Demo+Service

Idea is to use either shibboleth or open id, to give via GEANT the
possibility do organise group (LDAP meaning) here a team.

User of your team can be authenticate by orcid, edugain ... and you have
possibility of give open access or validation for access to group. In
few month the actual proto system will be in production.

We should have a look to this as a model and may be a possible solution
of multiple federation possible for a user using a single system
authentication for a service provider. It include also to associate
multiple ID authentication of a unique user.

see you at interop

Regards

Pierre

          	            Pierre Le Sidaner
                         Observatoire de Paris

Directeur de la Direction Informatique de l'Observatoire
Directeur technique de Paris Astronomical Data Centre
tel : 01 40 51 20 82
61, avenue de l'Observatoire 75014 Paris

mailto:pierre.lesidaner at obspm.fr
http://dio.obspm.fr  http://padc.obspm.fr