Home for the UWS Registry Extension?

Brian Major major.brian at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 01:58:16 CET 2018

Hi Grid, Registry,

At the Santiago Interop we decided to identify the sync and async endpoints
of a TAP 1.1 capability by setting the 'type' of the Interface element as
one of either

    uws:Sync or
    uws:Async

instead directly in the standardID of the capability like

    ivo://ivoa.net/std/tap#sync-1.1 and
    ivo://ivoa.net/std/tap#async-1.1

We have implemented this in our TAP (1.1) services using the XSD here:

https://github.com/opencadc/reg/blob/master/cadc-registry/src/main/resources/UWSRegExt-v0.1.xsd

And it is all working as expected, no issues.

Now I am wondering now where this XSD can be placed within the IVOA and how
it can be documented to describe the intended use.  This will need to go
somewhere official ahead of TAP 1.1.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Brian