Doubt about UWS Results List

Sonia Zorba zorba at oats.inaf.it
Fri Jul 8 11:37:54 CEST 2016

Dear GWS,

I'm using the UWS standard to create tar archives from a list of files.
We want to avoid tar bigger than 500 MB, so the job Results List can
reference one or multiple tar files.
This files are managed by a user and he or she can delete them, but this
implies to delete a job Result from the Results List.

I know that the document standard, at section "2.1.10. Results List", says:
"The children of the Results List may be read but not updated or
deleted. The client cannot add anything to the Results List."

I understand that following the lifecycle logic a completed job
shouldn't be modified but this is what we really need.

Have you ever encounter similar situations? How have you managed them?

Thanks,
Sonia