Identifying version of UWS

Paul Harrison paul.harrison at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Sep 2 10:20:26 CEST 2015

> On 2015-09 -02, at 07:45, Kristin Riebe <kriebe at aip.de> wrote:
>
> Dear Grid members, Paul,
>
> thanks for all your responses, this helps a lot!
>
>> The UWS 1.1 standard (which I am currently editing as a result of the RFC period comments) does have a mechanism for determining the UWS version from the standard UWS responses ( i.e. there is a version attribute in the top level element of the responses).
>
> Ah, I've overlooked this part with the version attribute.
> Could you maybe move it from the end of section 2.2.1.1 to a separate
> section and include the UWS standardID there as well?
>
> Could you please also include the version attribute in section A.3
> (updates from previous versions), since it was not required for UWS 1.0?
> Just to help people to be aware of this.

That is a good idea - I think that I will put it in a small section of its own to highlight it more.

> From Pat's and Markus' answers:
> So the standardID would now be ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#rest-1.1
> or
> ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#async-1.1
> ?

I much prefer ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#rest-1.1 as the standardID.

> One more question for the schema:
> I guess the 1.1 schema would be found at
> http://www.ivoa.net/xml/UWS/v1.1 once UWS 1.1 is public as recommendation?
> (Currently it's still http://www.ivoa.net/xml/UWS/v1.0 in the draft, but
> I believe this is going to be updated, right?)

The schema version is going to stay as http://www.ivoa.net/xml/UWS/v1.0 as per the reasoning in https://code.google.com/p/volute/source/browse/trunk/projects/grid/notes/schema-versioning/schemaVersioning.tex#298

(sorry for the googlecode reference - but the document has not been changed since then - will try to get it published as a proper note soon, so that it is on the IVOA site).

Paul.