Identifying version of UWS

Kristin Riebe kriebe at aip.de
Wed Sep 2 08:45:22 CEST 2015

Dear Grid members, Paul,

thanks for all your responses, this helps a lot!

> The UWS 1.1 standard (which I am currently editing as a result of the RFC period comments) does have a mechanism for determining the UWS version from the standard UWS responses ( i.e. there is a version attribute in the top level element of the responses).

Ah, I've overlooked this part with the version attribute.
Could you maybe move it from the end of section 2.2.1.1 to a separate
section and include the UWS standardID there as well?

Could you please also include the version attribute in section A.3
(updates from previous versions), since it was not required for UWS 1.0?
Just to help people to be aware of this.

>From Pat's and Markus' answers:
So the standardID would now be ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#rest-1.1
or
ivo://ivoa.net/std/UWS#async-1.1
?

One more question for the schema:
I guess the 1.1 schema would be found at
http://www.ivoa.net/xml/UWS/v1.1 once UWS 1.1 is public as recommendation?
(Currently it's still http://www.ivoa.net/xml/UWS/v1.0 in the draft, but
I believe this is going to be updated, right?)

Cheers,

Kristin

Dr. Kristin Riebe
E-Science & GAVO

Email: kriebe at aip.de
Phone: +49 331 7499-377
Room:  B6/25
Leibniz-Institut für Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP)
An der Sternwarte 16, D-14482 Potsdam
Vorstand: Prof. Dr. Matthias Steinmetz, Matthias Winker
Stiftung bürgerlichen Rechts
Stiftungsverzeichnis Brandenburg: 26 742-00/7026