IVOA Support Interfaces 1.1

Marco Molinaro molinaro at oats.inaf.it
Fri Jun 19 10:05:59 CEST 2015

Hi grid,

One clarification on the MySQL schemas. Actually MySQL calls database
what usually is referred to as a schema.
So, as far as qualified table names are ok, I think MySQL will not
have a problem with neither solution.

Then, I have no specific preference on the choice. I thought I'd
prefer 1, but I'm not sure.
I think that the change in the /tables endpoint comes out of TAP
revision mainly, and probably is related to whether we want to expose
actual tablesets or structured tables inside some hierarchy.
My feeling is that the use cases are more for tables collected, less
for how they are organized in catalog.schema.* solutions.

So, if we think the model is flawed, probably it's better to fix it.
However this means asking providers to change their XML outputs...and
that is a major thing...that's why I'm probably ok whatever the
majority of involved parties choose.

Cheers,
    Marco